Tuesday, August 13, 2013

i'm back........for now

Hey there!

I fell off the face of the earth.  Well, sort of.

I am having a few complications from my hysterectomy back in April.

They took two months to catch up to me.

When I started this blog, I really truly wanted this to be about my weight loss journey, delicious and easy recipes, crafty stuff and not some blog bitching about hysterectomies and menopause.  Well, as much as I have tried to avoid just that, that is what life keeps throwing back at me.

I started feeling great about 2 weeks after my surgery.  No pain, I was doing my Visalus and started walking about three weeks post surgery.  I continued to feel good, and got back on the elliptical.  Five weeks out I started working out with my trainer again, who avoided any core moves.  I knew my stomach still needed to heal.

Well, heal it did not.  Back in July, I was working out with my trainer and I noticed while I was lifting weights, that my shirt would get caught on my belly.  Now, I have mastered the art of sucking it in for years,  so when I couldn't I was like, start sit ups!!  start working that core!! start running!!  I was committed to getting smaller, no matter what it took. I even participated in a boot camp.  I was an idiot not realizing that while everything else was shrinking, my stomach was growing - duh, Christine something was wrong!!

Speed up to the first week in August, I had started my couch to 5K app and couldn't do it. I would cut my 60 second intervals down to 40 and 50, and it just hurt to run.  I follow a few fitness blogs and everyone says run to lose weight.  I was so mad at myself that I couldn't do this.  If a 280 girl could run, shit, well then a 220 girl should be able to run too.  Here begins the emotional cutting cycle for me.

I started having serious pains across my stomach and above my belly button that were cray cray bad.
My stomach continuted to swell. And it is rock hard!!!  It swelled to the point of me looking seven months round.  AWESOME.

I thought maybe it was an issue with scar tissue.  I had heard one of the doctors back in March say the last thing they wanted was my bowel to be obstructed by scar tissue.  So in my mind = that is what it was.  The first appointment I had was with my gastro who wanted to do a colonoscopy but when he examined my stomach, I said "you don't think this thing I can make bulge out of my belly with a tiny push is a hernia, do you?"  He confirmed it was a large hernia and that I need to see a surgeon....soon.
So I walked to the next office over, and told the girls at the desk what my doc just said.   Okay, two weeks is our soonest appointment!

Fast forward to last Thursday = I had a catscan.  My OB/GYN who did the surgery had his next in line see me immediately that day.  The head guy came in as well, and he said I see your fasha/facia muscle is not healed and that is why you are 1. hurting, 2 looking like you are seven months pregnant.  THANK YOU!

Why does it take so damn long to get an answer!!!  Sunday night I landed in the ER from pains so bad, I was typing all my i love you's on my phone, telling my kids how much I loved them ... I literally thought I was dying.  As it turns out......it was,  um..........gas.  The pain meds they gave me on Thursday - basically shut everything down.  We left and I got gaxX and senekot.  They worked like a charm (wink)!

I am meeting with a new surgeon today that the head OBG/YN said I should see.

Wish me luck............I'll promise to update soon!


1 comment:

  1. Of course like a dummy, i'm just now reading this. I was cleaning out my email and saw this and thought "OH CRAP". ugh, i can't believe this nonsense and I can understand the paint with the gas actually! That crap can hurt bad, I remember having two heating pads on me. one for my back and the other on my stomach! I'm so sorry you have to go through that. I'll be checking in on you to see how you're doing!

    ReplyDelete