Thursday, June 20, 2013

The day I tied the knot......

I'm linking up here with Holly and Melanie!

button

Well, here we go:

Location-- May 2, 1999 - At an old mill from the 1700's in Weston, CT.   We were married outside.  It was the perfect day and as we were saying our vows, two large Swan's swam by.  Truth! We had about 75-80 people and I liked knowing every single person there.   We were originally going to get married on 10/10/99 - but we found out that our wedding at the first place we booked, was being torn down the day after our wedding!!!  We thought that was a sign to have it somewhere else and sooner.  Then we found the Cobb's Mill and the rest is history. The entire wedding was planned in five months.

Bridal Party-- We had a a mixed bag.  There are the BFF's and of course the obligatory family that have a total shit fest when they aren't asked. So you ask them.  

Colors-- My bridesmaids wore lilac, long floor length dresses with lilac bouquets. They looked so pretty!

First Dance-- Was Shania Twain's From this Moment.  Not the single version, the duet.  Later, my hubby had the DJ play True Companion by Marc Cohn.  I felt like I was floating the entire song. 







What Would I Change?--
The first thing I would have done is NOT go to Miami the week before my wedding on business and get 1st degree sunburn while working over lunch (and in bikinis without lotion). My milk white skin was RED PURPLE and I went into convulsions after a shower.  I was pretty much medicated until I flew home.  My bridesmaids were scrubbing the dead skin off my arms the morning of our wedding!  

Honeymoon-- St. Martin, the French West Indies. But the story is, we paid for our wedding ourselves so we were basically broke after the wedding.  We opened the gifts and cards that night and called a travel agent the next day.   We went for five days and loved every minute of it. Especially the topless sunbathing..because clearly I didn't learn my lesson in Miami!!!

And there you have it!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I didn't write sooner but I LOVE your blog and can't wait for you to post more!! I'm following along and will be commenting along!! Yay!! So excited for your new blogging journey!!

    ReplyDelete