Thursday, June 20, 2013

a little thing called a hot flash



Someone shoot me.  I had a complete abdominal hysterectomy on April 22nd. The week before I turned the big 40!

The doctors did tell me that after the surgery, I would at some point go into menopause.
They said it might be months.
Possibly even years.

THEY WERE WRONG!

Not even a month after my surgery, I was sitting at the computer when I swear something happened I could have never 1. anticipated and 2. control.  It was a hot flash!

Let me try explain what a hot flash feels like...if that is even remotely possible.

Out of nowwhere, you feel like someone turned on a hair dryer on the inside of your body. For me it starts on the inside of my chest and it feels like i'm going to burn from the inside out.  Drinking water doesn't help, fanning yourself seems to make it hotter and for a few minutes you contemplate moving everything you own to Alaska.  I wish I were lying.

And...they are not considerate of when they happen.  Like when your at church with no a/c on, or at your daughter's school during a rehersal, or at night when you are trying to sleep.  Instead I am flipping the covers on and flipping the covers off - flipping on...flipping off.......all.night.long.

Here is the upside.  I don't think I have had one while I've been doing the elliptical or working out.  Hmmm, maybe I should work out more :)

Here is what I did at the gym today:


704 calories in an hour...not bad..i'll take that!!!

and I looked like this after


pretty, huh!?  My head was soaked as was my t-shirt.  I love that!  That bic-band I'm wearing not only keeps my hair back but the sweat too, not to mention it's chevron :)

Well, thanks for coming back - you are out there right ?!?!



1 comment:

  1. Like someone turned on a hot dryer inside your body!- LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete